Monday, March 7, 2016

Wedding Bells Will Ring: Stepping into the Production side.

Hello all. This week has been so amazing and rewarding. I have started working with the wonderful people at ASU Lyric Opera on their production of The Drowsy Chaperone. The rehearsals just started and everything is already going swimmingly. Sitting in on the first music rehearsal made my heart fill with joy and I never wanted to leave. The cast comprised on undergraduate and graduate students from the theatre program and they can't be more than 24 years old. But the level of professionalism astounded me. Every single person came into that first rehearsal completely ready with their music, a smile on their face, and an open mind.

Over the next few weeks, I will be spending the majority of my time at Drowsy Chaperone rehearsals and learning more about the production process and learning about the rehearsal process through a backstage perspective as opposed to the actor's perspective. So far I have met the stage manager, set designer, costume designer, and musical director and they are all amazing people and incredible artists. ASU is going on spring break this week so I will not be working but I will continue my independent research and keep you all updated on that.

P.S. This post's title is a reference to the song Wedding Bells in The Drowsy Chaperone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment